Here are some sites that explain integers. Try several of these sites and fill out two evaluation sheets. One sheet will describe the best explanation, and the other sheet will describe the best game.
- Adding and Subtracting Positive and Negative Numbers at QUIA
- Adding Integers with Virtual Manipulatives
- Subtracting Integers with Virtual Manipulatives
- Adding and Subtracting Integers at Math.com
- The Integer Zone
- Introduction to Integers at Math Goodies
- Comparing and Ordering Integers at Math Goodies
- Addition of Integers at Math Goodies
- Integers and the Real World at Math Goodies
- Adding and Subtracting Positive and Negative Numbers by Math League
- Line Jumper at Fun Brain – choose Hard, Really Hard, or Super Hard
- Flash Cards with Negative Numbers — try addition and subtraction only
- Integers: Operations With Signed Numbers — review addition and subtraction only
- Mathguide’s Operations on Integers
Listed below are lots of links to integer practice online.
Mystery Picture Math Game
Find out what’s behind these tiles.
Click on the button with the problem then click on the result on the left
Put numbers in order. Levels 2 and 3 have negative numbers.
MathCar Racing Game
Try to beat the computer by picking the expression that has the largest answer. You can choose the skill level and the operation to practice. Medium or Hard levels will give you integer practice.
A puzzle involving adding positive and negative integers to sum to zero.
A puzzle involving adding positive and negative integers to sum to twenty one.
Number Line Bounce
Number line addition and subtraction game.
This game asks the players to add, subtract, multiply, and divide whole numbers and integers. Choose difficulty level, question types, and time limit.
Explore Learning Gizmos
Interactive “Gizmo” illustrating addition of integers on a number line. Comes with exploration guide and assessment questions. By subscription, but has Free 30 day trial account.
Choose Math Operation Game
Choose the range to include negative numbers in this fun game to get practice in how to add/subtract/multiply/divide integers.
Space Coupe to the Rescue
By choosing a positive or negative number, the player controls the vertical position of a spaceship. If the spaceship reaches the same vertical position as a virus pod, the pod is destroyed.